The Gitcoin Community Hub is a dynamic, evolving home for all things community at Gitcoin. Here we are documenting key resources, community events, processes and core values that create the conditions for maximum coordination and community thriving at Gitcoin and beyond!
START HERE 👇
To make sure you are staying safe and getting real messages from Gitcoin, please remember to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Always check for "gitcoin.co" - we will only ever send links from this address, nothing else
- Gitcoin will never "airdrop" anything
- Gitcoin will never say anything is "urgent" - we will always give you plenty of heads up about what we are up to
- If you're ever suspicious, err on the side of caution and reach out to someone in the Gitcoin community to check that something is legit
- Don’t click links from unknown senders or that look suspicious.
- Don’t download programs or copy/paste code you don't recognize.
- Don’t give your password to anyone!
- Never share or screen-share your authorization token. Seriously. Don't do it.
- Don’t scan any QR codes from people you don’t know or those you can’t verify as legitimate.
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication to keep your account as safe as possible.
- Consider restricting who can DM with you. You can find instructions on how to enable 2FA on your account here.
- Inform yourself of common scams and what to look out for.
Gitcoin Community TL;DR
Below is a list of the different groups within our community. Expand the toggle to learn more about the roles you identify with.
- As you probably heard, we have decentralized our Grants Program, and have been excited to onboard ecosystems such as UNICEF, Optimism, and Fantom as early “round operators.” If you would like to run your own grants round using Grants Stack (built on our Allo Protocol), please reach out to our Partnership Lead, Azeem, on Telegram: https://t.me/azeemk or by email at email@example.com (please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other information and answers to FAQs can be found in our support hub in the red highlighted section here:
- Upcoming rounds can be found here (link currently being updated)
- Join our donor updates telegram here to never miss a new round. You can also sign up to receive email updates here.
- The “Open Data Community” was created to counter web3 recentralization & fight attackors—using tools, data, and community. This sub-community regularly hosts open data science hackathons with monetary prizes
- Click here to join the Discord. Follow the community on Twitter here. Or click here to jump into the Open Data Science Community Portal.
- In May of 2021 Gitcoin launched GTC, the native governance token for Gitcoin. Along with the creation of GTC, the governance of Gitcoin was handed over to the community via a group of individuals known as Stewards. Stewards are trusted community leaders with delegated (including self-delegated) voting power to make decisions on behalf of the community.
- Click here to learn about the latest on all things Stewards
- Message our DAO’s Stewards lead Shawn on Discord (shawn16400#5507) if you have any questions
- You can find all of this info and more resources in our Steward Portal.
- Gitcoin DAO is what make the Grants Program, Gitcoin Passport, Grants Stack, and Allo Protocol a reality. We are not hiring very actively right now, but if there are any openings you’ll see them posted here.
- We encourage you to become a “DAO Citizen” and participate in our weekly discussions pertaining to the evolution of Gitcoin. This is a great way to get to know our current contributors.
- Join our Discord, introduce yourself, and let us know how we can help 🙂
Gitcoin Wayfinding 101
A list of all of our community channels where you can find DAO information and connect with other Gitcoiners.
- Anyone can join us on discord! Go to 🛂citizen-start-here on Discord to start your journey. Read become a Gitcoin Citizen to learn more.
- A place where community discusses ideas, proposals and Gitcoin news. Two important news sources live here:
- DAO Digest - a weekly summary of the latest and greatest from the DAO
- A curated collection of the most commonly asked support questions about our grants program, products and protocols. A great resource for grantees!
- Watch us work in public! Our Contributor Hub is where you can find info about our workstreams, learn about what we’re working on and more.
- A database of all proposals made through CSDO, as well as which ones have failed/passed
- A database of recordings of our latest meetings
Gitcoin Community Gathering Weekly discussions to seek community opinions on the latest DAO decisions. Every Wednesday @ 12pm ET / 5pm UTC This call is open to all Gitcoin Citizens join us in the 🏛citizen-forum voice channel in Discord Workstream Updates Weekly status updates about on-going projects from all workstreams. Every Tuesday @ 10:30am ET / 3:30pm UTC Live streamed weekly on our Transparency YouTube Page Cross-stream DAO Ops (CSDO) Weekly Workstream leads convene to chat about cross-DAO operations and strategy. Every Tuesday @ 12pm ET / 5pm UTC Live streamed weekly on our Transparency YouTube Page — CSDO meeting notes available here Stewards Sync A monthly governance update for Gitcoin Stewards covering updates on workstreams, and proposal discussions. First Monday of every month @ 12pm ET / 5pm UTC Live streamed weekly on our Transparency YouTube Page — Steward Sync notes available here This call is invite-only for Gitcoin Stewards. Anyone can become a Gitcoin Steward! Steward Council Sync A bi-monthly call for all Stewards on the Stewards Council covering strategic topics. All calls are recorded and posted on our Transparency YouTube Page — Steward Council notes available here This call is invite-only for Gitcoin Steward Council members